Tuesday, September 26, 2006

"Ursus Horribilis" by Katerina Lanfranco (& Holly Brook)

On Saturday September 9th I was invited to attend a gallery opening called "Ursus Horribilis" by Katerina Lanfranco. Katerina and I met through at work during an art exhibit held in the Gallery of my work building a few months ago. Unfortunately, that was the weekend before my big move into Manhattan and I was busy playing with friends and packing.



I went to the gallery yesterday to show my support and view her art. I must say that I was really impressed. I feel that it was a very interesting interpretation of nature and the relationship between vegetation and animals. I loved the fantasy touches that she added and it just felt like a nice light trip between each painting. They were calming, soothing yet loud in their message. What the message was, I am not sure but they spoke loudly to me in a sense that they represented something to her and how her mind saw real life wrapped around the idea of myths.

Her fascination with bears or Grizzlies in particular was very personal. Her lust and interpretation of them was very personal. I say that to mean that I am unaware of other artists that focus on the life and fantasy of a single animal. I am sure you true artists and art majors out there can point out a million but I am not one for hanging art but rather architecture so I do not know much about this type of art.



I do not have a camera now that Kelli and I no longer live together. I will have a digital camera of my very own within the next month but I am shopping for the right one so bare (no pun intended haha) with me. (How would you spell that bear/bare anyway?)

http://www.nancyhoffmangallery.com/lanfranco/2006/exh.html

.......................................................................................................

And an extention of my entries I am going to include a single artist who has inspired me for the week. By artist I mean musician. Right now I am listening to the soulful piano-tuned lyrics of Holly Brook. She is light and airy and her harmony is pretty – to be simplistic haha. She is simplicity in singing and music at its best. http://www.hollybrookmusic.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home