Wednesday, September 20, 2006

All Moved In!!!

Well, I am all moved into my new Manhattan Apartment. I can’t believe I am really here. We got the u-haul at 7am Saturday morning and used it until 6:45pm that evening. The process was insane.

First we packed it full of my things and took them over to Manhattan and then packed up the couch that was in the place to give to Kelli. Then we drove back to our Jersey place, loaded up Kelli’s things and took them to her place to unpack. Then we drove back to the Jersey place and loaded up our furniture that we were giving away to our friend Pat and took it to his house and then drive the U-Haul back to Saddlebrook, NJ. They locked the doors about 3 minutes after we got in the building. If we had arrived after 7 I would have had to pay an extra day. UGH. So Close!!!

Kelli is now living in Guttenberg, NJ. Her new place is only 11 minutes from our old place and she actually lives almost directly behind the lady who rented me her place in Manhattan. Yes, she moved to Edgewater to live with her fiancée.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new place. Jamba Juice is right down the block and on Sunday, the guys and I went looking for food and one block away was a street fair that is apparently held every Sunday on Lexington. It appeared to go from 85th to 87th. Not large but had tons of food and vendors with artists things like purses, jewelry and stuff like that. The Pet Co. is right up the block so my bunnies will be well taken care of haha. Also, the supermarket is one block away so I don’t have to walk far to get food. I will be doing all kinds of cooking so I can’t wait to set up my kitchen.

The nice thing about my place is that I am the only one with a balcony on the entire street. I have a few camping chairs and an old table out there right now. Chris said I need to get things that match as not to be tacky. Thanks babe hahaha! I think I will continue to be tacky until I move to VA. I’m not going to buy new furniture that birds can shit on. That means I would have to store my chairs and table and I am not going to do that.

The first night, I had a bottle of champagne and we were outside toasting to my new place and a pigeon actually shit on Chris. It was hysterical.



I have joined the JMU Alumni Book Club. The first meeting was the Monday after I moved, September 18. I couldn’t make it because I needed to unpack but the next one is on October 19 and I plan on attending. The new book we have to read is Truth and Beauty by Ann Patchett. It's a non-fiction story and sounds like a middle of the road read (not too heavy but not too light either). It was published in 2005. If anyone has read it please let me know what you think!



Well, enough for today. I have just a few more boxes to unpack in the kitchen area and I will be completely unpacked and the apartment decorated!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home