Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Dream Realized!

This may seem familiar to many of you since I sent it to most of you personally, however, here is the news about my place in manhattan for those of you who didn't get the email!
____________________________________________________________________________________

This was the e-mail I wrote in June 2006 upon hering the good news! But this time you get some pictures!
____________________________________________________________________________________

As many of you know for the past 3 years I have been up here for one reason and one reason alone….to become a Manhattan-ite!!!! For many reasons, Kelli and I decided that this year we would separate and I would finally take the leap to the city.

Many of you know that I was planning on finding a place with a good friend/co-worker of mine. Unfortunately, a few months ago he decided that he really wanted to try his hand at living alone and we decided we wouldn’t live together. This of course scared me to death but I took the change as a welcome thrill and adventure.

For weeks, I have been posting entries on myspace, craigslist and other various sites. The responses I received were not far from frightening with burlesque dancers, gay nightclub dancers, and devil worshippers. Let’s just say I sent a few myspace profiles to mom and she was not very thrilled. This is no joke and I definitely didn’t shun any of these responses. I enbrace all walks of life as you all know haha. I even wrote a few of the questionable people back. I did receive a few hits from people whom I knew I could live with comfortably but their rents were too high. Upwards to $2000 a month FOR A ROOM!

For the past month I have been doing my best to make my dream a reality and attempting to give everyone and everything a chance because one of these people or places might just work out. Then about a week ago, a co-worker offered me one of her places for 2/3rd of its original rent. I will only be paying a bit more then what I pay now and she will be paying the $600 difference JUST TO HELP ME OUT. She had to close a few loops holes and let me know today that I would be the proud inhabitant of an junior one-bedroom apartment on EIGHTY SIXTH AND MADISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Attached are a few pictures of the place with Christine’s furniture in it still. It is a perfect size for just me but as Aladdin’s genie might say, with an " ITTY BITTY LIVING SPACE". However, the location is to die for. As well, I AM GOING TO LIVE IN MAHATTAN so I don’t care if it’s a shoe box!!!! WITH NO ROOMATES!!!!!



I will be located right smack in the middle of Museum Mile and will be residing right next to the Guggenheim Museum. Also, I am only 15 MINUTES from work as opposed to my 1 hour commute right now. UPPER EAST SIDE BABY. For 2/3rd of the rent. I can’t express how awesome this is. I will be taking a 5th avenue bus two stops and getting off right in front of my work which is at 64th and 5th. I will be within walking distance of pet stores, awesome clothing stores, food stores and everything else I need to survive without a car.

The apartment building is a very old pre-war with about 7 apartments located inside. There is a washing machine and dryer down stairs….WOOHOO!!! I am on the second floor! I know nothing about parking yet but street parking is available. There are two all-girl boarding schools and 7 different door men who have view of MY PLACE so the safety is unquestionable. In terms of safety, the Upper East Side is the safest place to live and safety was another thing that really was high on my list. Harlem would have been an option two years ago but even my female African American boss said I should look else where as I like the nightlife and would be coming home late at night alone.

The ceilings are 14 feet high. Christine had a Queen-sized loft built by a professional which I will be using as my bed. Because the ceilings are so tall, the loft still has 5 feet of space above you once you are in the bed. As well, she has built shelves and space for books and lighting up there. I am hoping I can get my tiny tv in the cornor up by my feet but I actually never took a look at the top of the loft when I went to visit her place. soo..... we shall see what happens!


And ……Yes, of course, I started to BAWL as soon as she told me and had to leave the office for about half and hour. I am now back here writing you all with tears totally running down my face. I may sound like such mush but this has been the whole purpose in my life for the past…what?…..ten years maybe? Since stepping foot off Walsingham's choir tour bus back in 9th grade in 1995 in the middle of Times Square where I vowed to one day try to live in Manhattan. Not Queens, not the Bronx, not Staten Island…..MANHATTAN!!!!

So, I really don’t know anything else EXCEPT – one of the conditions for me moving into her place with muted rent was that I have to, or rather have the privilege to, take care of her TWO BUNNIES!!!!!!!! How random is that. She knew I had a bunny and had asked me a few months ago if I knew anyone who might want to adopt them and we knew Olive wouldn’t have that since Christine has a boy and girl bunny who were already mated to each other.

So, a few weeks ago I was like "Ok, if she is moving I should ask her where she is moving from and this is how it all started :) So, not only do I have a sweet apartment, but Kelli gets to keep and love Olive and I get to love and care for two new bunnies. One of them has the head tilt disease but she looks just like Olive and her name is Georgia. The other is a white floppy eared male who cares for Georgia and his name is Simon!! AHHHHHHHHH. So, it just gets better. I have attached a few pictures of my new roommates J Please don’t tease Georgia cause she can’t help her head tilit heehee!!!


For those f you who have the big places and the homes, I totally envy your space and can’t wait to get back to VA to have room for a family. However, for the next two years I get to have my very own junior one bedroom for a sickening price located at 86th and MADISON!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to the location!!!
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=E%2086th%20St%20%26%20Madison%20Ave&city=New%20York&state=NY&zipcode=10028&country=US&geodiff=1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home